KENOSIS through Youth in Action (YiA) gives the space for youth share their stories, practice leadership, and create change in their communities.
The KENOSIS has set up Youth in Action (YiA) Programme for young people in partnership with organizations abroad, which works closely with European Union. Kenosis invites partners from other European countries across world without border, and aim:
- To inspire youth a sense of belonging, active citizenship, and solidarity
- To encourage them travel solo and group to corners of the world, explore, gather information, and develop personal and professional skills, respect, embrace and learn from other culture and people
- To create tolerance among young people and
- To involve them health and community development projects in shaping their own future as they impact the local community.
Currently in 2016 to 2018, KENOSIS in partnership with Pewob organization, Germany promotes mobility within and across the borders, non-formal learning and intercultural dialogue, and encourages the inclusion of all young people, regardless of their educational, social and cultural background for all across world without border through Youth in Action (YiA) Programme. .
Seeing EU funded Organization abroad
For this, we seek EU funded partners from European countries to expand your network and projects with Kenosis, in India. Interested organization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Its general objectives are the following:
- Promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
- Develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in / with the European Union and EU based organizations;
- Foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries;
- Contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organisations in the youth field;
- Organize and facilitate both long and short term workshops, trainings and session to build the capacity of youths on different topics of their interest;
- Promote European cooperation in the youth field such as socio-economic empowerment through setting up employment skills building centre and creating large number of job opportunities with local business sectors.
In order to achieve our objectives, the KENOSIS in partnership with Pewobe, Germany begun its action. KENOSIS also invites other European based organizations, individuals, and groups to partner with us and foresees 8 operational Actions in Asia through KENOSIS.
Action 1: Youth for Asia (where individuals and groups of young people invited come together and host their exchange programs in India)
Action 2: European Voluntary Service (young people or agency invited to send volunteer in another country like India to participate in the charity development projects)
Action 3: Youth in the World (inviting solo and groups to participate in youth exchange workshops and training organized and facilitated by Kenosis)
Action 4: Youth Support Systems (youth get engaged with youths from India and create safe network and support system for sharing information and knowledge across young people)
Action 5: Group Initiatives ( European Volunteers and interns invited to travel abroad and execute innovative local projects originating from youth groups to impact our local impoverished communities to solve issues related to health, education, socio-economic and employment etc.)
Action 6: Support for European cooperation in the youth field
Action 7: Offering Volunteering and Internship opportunities for all in Asia
Action 8: Training & Networking for youth workers (training, seminars, job-shadowing, feasibility visits, partnership building, evaluation meetings, etc.)
Hence, KENOSIS serves as an open and safe space where youth can voice their opinions and experiences, and are given the trust and respect to creatively apply their unique talents within their own lives and their communities. By building power, leadership and action amongst youth in frontline communities, we believe a more equitable and safe world is possible.
Our approach & target beneficiaries
The KENOSIS aim at young people between the ages of 17-25 and is a three months to 1 year diploma program which provides training in spoken English, computer literacy, entrepreneurship, income generating skills and livelihood skills to enhance their prospects of employment. The program follows a curriculum developed by Magic Bus which includes sessions on self-development, sport as a metaphor for learning, and training on sector-specific jobs, with a focus on entry-level jobs.
- Sport for development input throughout youth’s journeys into that engages challenges and inspires individuals through experiential learning.
- High quality Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), career counselling and personal needs assessment that enables youth to understand their options and identify their career goals and associated pathways.
- One to one mentoring across the whole journey that ensures risks of drop out are quickly identified and mitigated.
- Tailored Employability, Leadership and Life Skills training based on youth’s needs.
- KENOSIS led partnerships with vocational training providers and other skills training experts offering the most diverse training menu possible to youth in each locality.
- Pre and post placement support working in close partnership with employers to achieve effective job matching and sustained placements beyond six months.
The Youth leadership and skills Development program enhances the employability skills of marginalized youth in India and enables them to pursue productive livelihood choices. It is a crucial part of the journey from childhood to livelihood of each child in the Magic Bus program.
It also a huge exposure for European volunteers to get in-depth knowledge, skills and experience in the Indian context.
Ways you can help
As an EVS volunteer, do you wish to know the project that we offer in abroad, please click here Volunteering & Internship Opportunities?
If you are inspired and get involved to make a real difference, Apply Now.
Want to learn more about ways to make a difference in your selves and local community? Contact KENOSIS now at email@example.com
Also Call Us at +91 9900724842
You can also WhatsApp at +91 9900724842